When you have a dental emergency you don't want to wait to get it fixed. We treat emergencies all the time and it is our goal to get you in the day you call. If you have a dental emergency, give us a call today and we will do our best to fit you in.
Emergency Dental Care Tips:
- Do not use ASA on the tooth or gums, this can cause damage.
- If there is swelling apply ice or cold compress.
- Make sure to clean around the tooth usiung salt water as a rinse.
- Floss if necessary to remove any particles of food that may be caught between the teeth.
- See a dentist as soon as possible.
Cut or Bitten Tongue, Lip or Cheek:
- Apply gentle but firm pressure if the area is bleeding and ice if there is swelling.
- If bleeding does not stop after 15 minutes go to an emergency room or urgent care centre.
Knocked Out Permanent Tooth:
- Find the tooth.
- Handle the tooth by the top (crown), not the root portion.
- You may rinse the tooth, but do not clean or handle the tooth unnecessarily.
- Try to reinsert it in its socket.
- Hold the tooth in place by biting on a clean gauze or cloth.
- If you cannot reinsert the tooth, transport the tooth in a cup containing milk or water.
- See a dentist IMMEDIATELY! Time is a critical factor in saving the tooth.
Broken Braces and Wires:
- If a broken appliance can be removed easily, take it out.
- If it cannot, cover the sharp or protruding portion with cotton balls, gauze or chewing gum.
- a wire is stuck in the gums, cheek or tongue, DO NOT remove it.
- Go to a dentist immediately. Loose or broken appliances which do not bother you don’t usually require emergency attention.
Possible Broken Jaw:
- If a fractured jaw is suspected, try to keep the jaws from moving by using a towel, tie or handkerchief.
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Rinse dirt from the injured area with warm water.
- Place cold compresses over the face in the area of the injury.
- Locate and save any broken tooth fragments.
- Immediate dental attention is necessary.
Bleeding After Baby Tooth Falls Out:
- Fold and pack a clean gauze over the bleeding area.
- Have the child bite on the gauze with pressure for 15 minutes. This may be repeated once.
- If bleeding persists, see a dentist.
Dental Treatment Financing
Our team at Dentistry at Clarkson Village Shoppes believes that every patient should be able to afford the dental services they need. We help you find ways to finance your treatments with ease.
For your convenience, we accept various payment methods. You can choose to pay via cash, cheque, debit, or credit. We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and Discover. We also accept debit cards.
Ask About Low Monthly Payment Plans
Dental Card Financing Plans
Use your Dental Card Financing plan to cover any health care related expenses up to $25,000.
With Dental Card financing, your healthcare expenses come with no interest and in low monthly payments. You no longer need to settle annual fees, setup costs, or even prepayment penalties. You can also spread your payment from 3 to 60 months.
Learn how you can manage your cosmetic dentistry costs with Dental Card. Contact us today for more information.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Ask your employer if they're offering a medical spending account. With medical spending accounts, pre-tax income that is set aside for medical expenses is used to cover the cost of your cosmetic dental treatments.
Please let us know if you have existing health insurance. We can help you check with your insurance provider if your policy covers the cost of your dental treatment. We can also assist you in filing claims.
Talk to Us Today About Your Dental Financing Options
Don't let dental costs hold you back from seeing a dental professional in Mississauga.
We'll help you look for affordable financing options so you can cover the cost of your cosmetic dental treatments. Let's see how you can extend your payment plan and lower your monthly expenses.
Please call us at 905-822-8880 to discuss more about financing plans available to you.
New Patient Forms
Please fill in the form to submit it electronically to our office. If you would rather fill out a printable version of the form you can download it by clicking the button below.
If you have additional dental care related concerns, please feel free to contact our team at 905-822-8880. We’ll do our best to respond to your questions. We’re excited to see you in our practice. For the meantime, you may refer to these pages for more information on dental services we provide.
- Tooth Whitening
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Composite Fillings
- Digital X-Rays
To get a glimpse of the changes you are likely to achieve after getting dental services, visit our Before and After page. A better lifestyle starts with a healthy smile. We’re here to help.