Digital x-rays are quickly becoming the standard in dental imaging
To diagnose oral health conditions effectively, we use digital x-rays in our practice. Digital x-rays are among the most important advancements in dentistry.
Here are some of the benefits of using digital radiography:
- Faster processing. Unlike traditional x-rays, digital x-rays no longer use film that may take time to process. You can view results immediately through our 20″ viewing monitors. This allows us to show you first hand what’s going on inside your mouth.
- Reduces radiation exposure. Digital x-rays significantly reduce radiation exposure. This makes the procedure friendlier to kids, pregnant women, and even elderly patients who may be at risk for cancer. This device can produce the same quality images as traditional x-rays but with less radiation.
- Facilitates patient education. You no longer have to listen passively to our findings. Since you get to view the condition of your mouth yourself, you’ll also better understand why we’re recommending particular treatments. By being more involved it makes it easier for you to decide whether or not to proceed with the dental plans we create for you.
- Allows for digital archiving. Since these images are digital, we can store them on computers and refer to them later, if necessary or upon your request.
- Digital x-rays are eco-friendly. They no longer require use of harmful chemicals in processing films. Less emission of radiation into the environment.
At Dentistry at Clarkson Village Shoppes we do our best to reduce the impact of our practice on the environment. We also use the latest dental technology to reduce radiation going into your body.
Need more information about digital x-rays? Call us today at 647-361-5727.